Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Virtual Anthology Installment- Sixteen

Dylan Thomas "A Process in Weather of the Heart"
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/a-process-in-the-weather-of-the-heart/

Dylan Thomas "In My Craft or Sullen Art"
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/in-my-craft-or-sullen-art/

Dylan Thomas "The Hand that Signed the Paper"
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-hand-that-signed-the-paper/

 Ezra Pound,  from The Cantos: Notes for CXVII ET SEQ.
(see below)

Djuana Barnes  "Transfiguration"
(see below)

 _________________________________________________________________________

Notes for CXVII ET SEQ.

M’amour, m’amour
                 what do I love  and
                           where are you?
That I lost my center
                        fighting the world.
The dreams clash
                         and are shattered—
and that I tried to make a paradiso
                                                         terrestre.




I have tried to write paradise

Do not move
      Let the wind speak
                  that is paradise.

Let the Gods forgive what I
                      have made
Let those I love try to forgive
                   what I have made.


-Ezra Pound

 
     ***************



Transfiguration

The prophet digs with iron hands
Into the shifting desert sands.

The insect back to larva goes;
Stuck to the seed the climbing rose.

To Moses’ empty gorge, like smoke
Rush inward all the words he spoke.

The knife of Cain lifts from the thrust;
Abel rises from the dust.

Pilate cannot find his tongue;
Bare the tree where Judas hung.

Lucifer roars up from earth;
Down falls Christ into his death.

To Adam back the rib is plied,
A creature weeps within his side.

Eden’s reach is thick and green;
The forest blows, no beast is seen.

The unchained sun, in raging thirst,
Feeds the last day to the first.

-Djuna Barnes




No comments:

Post a Comment